- Posted November 25, 2010 by
North Bergen, New Jersey
This iReport is part of an assignment:
New Atheist Billboard Up in New Jersey
- katie, CNN iReport producer
At first glance it looks like any other holiday themed billboard. Take a closer look and you will see that the Star of David over a Nativity Scene is part of a new American Atheists billboard. It is now up, on Rt 495, at Kennedy Bvd (on the NJ side, right before the Lincoln Tunnel entering Manhattan).
The billboard reads: "You KNOW it's a Myth" "This Season Celebrate REASON" "* American Atheists *Reasonable Since 1963 * atheists.org"
According to the American Atheists website, the billboard serves three purposes:
1) To address those atheists who “go along to get along”, and to encourage them to come out of their closets
2) To attack the myth that Christianity owns the solstice season
3) To raise the awareness of the organization and the movement.
Photos by Lulis Leal
Nov. 24, 2010