- Posted December 17, 2010 by
Los Angeles, California
- 'While there is life, there is hope': An interview with ‘The Theory of Everything’ stars
- Singer Pink Leads Motorcycle Ride for a Cause, Who's taking Care of our Wounded Warriors?
- 911 "Waves of Flags" Pepperdine University, Malibu
- Long Police Standoff Malibu, California
- DAWN of the PLANET of the APES Interviews with the Cast and Crew; Andy Serkis, Matt Reeves, Terry Notary, Joe Letteri and Dan Lemmon
Harley Toy Run Skid Row... Santa's Helper's! Part II
Fred Jordan Mission holds many Christmas Celebrations for the families on Skid Row including; The Harley Davidson Toy Drive & The World's Largest Toy Drive.. where they will give away over 50,000 toys to over 10,000 families. For most families this is their only Christmas celebrations.
Last Sunday I attended their Harley Davidson Toy Drive... The roar of the engines as hundreds of Harley Davidson club members rolled into Skid Row with presents in hand was a powerful sight to behold. Better than Santa on his sleigh, these men and women gathered toys from all over their communities for the families on Skid Row. Over 1,000 children waited in the very hot California sun to receive a toy of their choosing. They could each have only one.The Vagos club put together almost 100 bikes.
The groups were challenging each other to see who would commit to bring more bikes next year! A friendly competition as the bikers put their differences aside to join in their efforts for the good of the homeless families and children on Skid Row. What an impressive group of people.
Many children are flooded with an abundance of gifts on Christmas day; toys, clothing, a place to live.. but the children on Skid Row, far less fortunate, light up for the one or two gifts they will receive. Their Christmas is possible thanks to the efforts of the Fred Jordan Mission, churches, and the men & women who "Head on down the Highway"... collecting toys and spreading cheer!