- Posted December 29, 2010 by
Tabriz, Azerbaijan, Iran
- Iran intensifies repression of Azerbaijani-Turkish community as presidential election approaches
- New wave of demonstrations in Iranian Azerbaijan suppressed by riot police
- Support ADAPP ; An Human Rights Organisation for minority rights in Iran
- New School Year in Iran: Mother Tongues Are Still Absent
- ADAPP appeals to international community to assist with fight for the preservation of Lake Urmia
What a despicable slogan for Iranian soccer team!
As it is seen in the photo, the slogan for Iranian Football team bus in the AFC Asia Cup 2011 is: "Princes of Persia."
Unfortunately, slogans such as this one are very normal in Iran that its non-Persian population are subjected to racism and discrimination by not only the government but also by the society.
The slogans for all 16 participating countries are:
Australia: "We’re the Thunder from Down Under"
Bahrain: "Think Once, Think Twice, Think Bahrin"
China: "The Rising Dragon"
India: "11 Players, A Billion Heartbeats"
Iran: "Princes of Persia"
Iraq: "The Lions of Mesopotamia"
Japan: "Samurai Blue! Top of Asia"
Jordan: "Al Nashama are coming"
Korea DPR: "Win with Fight and Courage, Bring the Crown to the Motherland"
Korea Republic: "Return of the King, Pride of Asia!"
Kuwait: "This Is The Blue Wave"
Saudi Arabia: "The Green Falcons"
Syria: "Red Eagles"
United Arab Emirates: "A Million Welcomes The Whites"
Uzbekistan: "Strenght is in Unity!"