- Posted March 15, 2011 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- TX State Rep Senfronia Thompson Interview On Rick Perry Vetoing HB 950 (Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act)
- War Hawks Pressuring President Obama Into Syrian Civil War (VIDEO)
- Time To Inconvenience Politicians
- Politicians Will Not Take Risks Unless They Are Forced To
- Coffee Party Radio: Politics Done Right - GOP Budgets, Gays, Race, Guns, & a Pope Sat 12–2PM CST
Tea Party Activist Assault Speaker At Texans' Day Of Outrage Rally In Houston, TX
- hhanks, CNN iReport producer
Today, March 15th, 2011 at 4:30 PM a rally named Texans’ Day Of Outrage was held at the Houston City Hall. It was a rally voicing unhappiness with what they claim is Republican Governor Rick Perry’s devastation of the state, working families, & the less fortunate.
The rally was well attended with mostly middle class citizens, teachers, Democratic clubs, and union workers. There were two small contingents of Tea Party activists counter protesting. One group of Tea Party members was vociferous but disciplined. The other Tea Party group was loud, vociferous, and violent. They attempted to break through the line with force towards the speakers. One man with a camera got close to the speaker and assaulted a few people on the side of the speaker pushing and hitting them with his camera.
The assaulter was brought down to the ground as police came to diffuse the situation.