About this iReport
  • Not verified by CNN

  • Click to view satya678's profile
    Posted August 8, 2008 by
    Gainesville, Florida
    This iReport is part of an assignment:
    Not-so-perfect weddings

    More from satya678

    Chasing a FedEx truck for my wedding outfit 4 hours before the wedding...


    Like the wedding wasn't complicated enough as it is, with my husband being Russian, me being Indian, him flying into Gainesville, Fl (where I was living then, and where we had the wedding) from Salt Lake City, Utah, we had more complications...


    We decided to have an Indian wedding and 10 days before the wedding, my poor mom flew half way around the world with mine and her wedding outfits. Only, Delta airlines was careless enough to lose her luggage!! It was panic from then. After unsuccessful attempts to retrieve our luggage back from Delta, my mom had my sister and an aunt FedEx a new batch of wedding outfits from India. Apparently FedEx misinterpreted one of the digits in the address, and we didn't hear from them till the day before the wedding. Amidst making all the garlands from fresh flowers from scratch, getting my manicure, pedicure, henna (the design on my hands and feet for the wedding), making the center pieces for the guest tables, etc, the wedding dress was the biggest thing!!


    Well, hours just kept ticking by, and on the morning of the wedding, I went for my hair appointment, got my hair done. It was noon, and my mom said there was still no sign of the FedEx delivery! My friend who took me to the hairdressers and I then drove across town to the local FedEx office and asked them about it. They said it was on the truck and the person just pointed out that it had a wrong address. So, we

    rushed from there immediately, talking to the FedEx person on a cell- phone, trying to locate this delivery truck, so we can get our outfits. It was half past noon and imagine my plight - chasing after a FedEx truck with my hair all made up and decorated for a wedding in less than 4 hours! Finally though, we managed to retrieve the package and headed home...


    Obviously, we were late. The photoshoot took longer than we anticipated. The 4 o clock wedding started only by 4:40 pm. It was one

    of the hottest August days in Gainesville and I am so glad my guests didn't choose to leave! The ceremony was great. But my wedding mishaps didn't end there, we ended up getting late to the reception as well, since I had to change outfits and all. The DJ (well, he did his job as per our plan) requested for the toasts from teh best man and guest of honor, except all our champagne glasses were empty! The servers hadn't got that far yet... But, after that, the evening seemed to move along okay, except the air-conditioning seemed a little too low for such a hot day as you can tell from the pictures....


    I have always prayed that no-one ever have a wedding as stressful as mine! It turned out okay though, by the end of day! There was good

    food, laughter, dancing, fun, and lots of love in the air. I wouldn't have had it any other way...

    Add your Story Add your Story