Share this on:
 E-mail
13,646
VIEWS
10
COMMENTS
 
SHARES
About this iReport
  • Approved for CNN

  • Click to view JoshSpurgin's profile
    Posted May 3, 2011 by
    JoshSpurgin
    Location
    Higdon, Alabama
    Assignment
    Assignment
    This iReport is part of an assignment:
    Tornado swarm devastates South

    JoshSpurgin and 14 other iReporters contributed to Open Story: Southern storms
    More from JoshSpurgin

    Alabama Tornado Aftermath: A Message of Hope and Thanks

     

    CNN PRODUCER NOTE     JoshSpurgin sat on the steps of his home in Higdon, Alabama, a day after a tornado destroyed it. The footage also shows neighboring homes and areas that were flattened. Spurgin, 23, thanked his family, friends and even a couple of celebrities who offered him support on Twitter, specifically @BrianLynch and @MichaelIanBlack.
    - zdan, CNN iReport producer

    Our house was recently destroyed by a tornado. This is a message to  those who have helped and to those who want to help. I would specifically like to thank Brian Lynch and Michael Ian Black for being awesome.

     

    For the next few months, 75% of all donations to http://www.MintyPineapple.com or http://go.to/monanon will go to Josh and his family. The other 25% will go towards video  projects that Josh was working on for Minty Pineapple. (The donation  button is in the sidebar on the website.)

     

    Follow @GoTeamJosh, @BrianLynch, @MichaelIanBlack, @VoicesforDeKalb, and @MintyPineapple on Twitter.

     

    Please do whatever you can to help those who have been affected by this disaster. Thanks.

    What do you think of this story?

    Select one of the options below. Your feedback will help tell CNN producers what to do with this iReport. If you'd like, you can explain your choice in the comments below.
    Be and editor! Choose an option below:
      Awesome! Put this on TV! Almost! Needs work. This submission violates iReport's community guidelines.

    Comments

    Log in to comment

    iReport welcomes a lively discussion, so comments on iReports are not pre-screened before they post. See the iReport community guidelines for details about content that is not welcome on iReport.

    Add your Story Add your Story