- Posted May 4, 2011 by
- PARAGUAY AND DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS PEPLE REPUBLIC OF CHINA
- China and Mercosur agree to strengthen economic cooperation
- Cientos de paraguayos y brasileños cerraron el INTERNACIONAL MERCOSUR Puente de la Amistad
- Hundreds Paraguayans and Brazilians closed the INTERNATIONAL MERCOSUR Friendship Bridge
- Taiwan-Paraguay ties not affected by removal of Pres. Lugo
Paraguayan Crusade achieves that the UNITED NATIONS declare the Friendship Day
Paraguayan Crusade achieves that the UN declare the Friendship Day.
The idea of Dr. Ramón Artemio Bracho, who drives a 1958 crusade from Puerto Pinasco, came to the United Nations, which adopted today May 4, 2011, the creation of the International Friendship Day.
"The Assembly has designated July 30 as World Friendship Day and invited all Member States, the member organizations of the United Nations and other international and regional organizations and civil society, to celebrate properly, according to culture and other agreed circumstances or customs of local, national and regional, "says part of the decision of the UN General Assembly
The 192 Member States agreed on and approved the draft resolution driven by the Paraguayan delegation.
Friendship in Paraguay, already adopted on 30 July as the date to celebrate with close friends and now has a global reach through the UN resolution. "It's a brave yell, generous and heroic people of Puerto Pinasco, there was born the idea that today travels the world, " said an emotional Bracho.