- Posted July 13, 2011 by
New York, New York
- My spouse is way better at bedtime parenting than I am
- A day in the life of a Las Vegas startup
- RedRover, Christy Turlington & Every Mother Counts Support Moms-to-be Around the World
- Oldest bridal shop in the U.S. burns down. Leaves many in Chicago without a dress.
- Fun afternoon at CNN hanging with the iReport team
#RedRover Twitter Party for Moms On the Go, Wednesday, July 13, 9 p.m. ET
Did you know?
...Moms with smartphones spend more than six hours a day using their mobile device. (eMarketer)
...Nearly six in ten moms have a smartphone, compared to 50 percent of all Internet users. (eMarketer)
From birthday parties, play dates, trips to the park and swimming pool, smartphone-toting moms are meeting up at the #RedRover twitter party on Wednesday, July 13 from 9 to 10 p.m. ET to chat about their lives on the go while winning cool, family-friendly prizes along the way.
The party is hosted by RedRover founder Kathryn Tucker (@KathrynTucker), a single, New Yorker mom who wanted to build a community helping other moms stay connected and organized while running their households, and hip moms Audrey McClelland (@AudreyMcClellan) and Vera Sweeney (@VeraSweeney).
Moms can tune into the twitter party using the #RedRover hashtag and follow moderator @RedRover for prize giveaways from brands like GoGo squeeZ, Funky Monkey Snacks and Skip Hop.
Making plans takes place in real time with the flick of a finger and RedRover, a private, location-based network that helps mom make plans and connect with other moms on the go whether at the playground or museum, while helping them find kid-friendly restaurants and the cleanest bathrooms. Think Foursquare for moms, but private:
• Toting your kid to the park? Instantly "share" your plan with select moms in your network, inviting them along by letting them know when and where you will be without the hassle of phone calls, emails and texts. Plan get-togethers, share moments, comment on others' plans and arrive at decisions together as a group.
• If there's a tumble at the playground requiring stitches, RedRover shows moms the nearest hospitals and helps alert emergency contacts.
• Driving through an unfamiliar neighborhood with a cranky kid looking for a bite to eat? RedRover uses location-based technology to pinpoint nearby kid-friendly restaurants and clean bathrooms.
• Getting your girlfriends together? RedRover let's you start the conversation, "make the plan now" or "make a plan later" and share the memorable photos with other moms, friends, your husband or others that you choose within your network. Decide whether or not to post to other social networks like Facebook and Twitter, controlling how big or small your group is depending on the message.
RedRover Version 2.0 officially launches Thursday, July 14 and is available via App Store for the iPhone, and is coming to Android soon.
How to participate in the #RedRover Twitter Party
On July 13 at 9 p.m. EST, sign into Twitter using Tweetgrid.com or Tweetchat.com using the #RedRover hashtag to follow along and participate in the conversation (make sure to include the hashtag in all tweets so they show up in the conversation). You can also follow along with the questions by following the moderator @RedRover on Twitter.