- Posted July 13, 2011 by
- Mouloud Aounit, honorary MRAP chairman and friend of Ashraf residents, passed away
- Prominent Shiite clerics in Lebanon call on all Shiites to support Syrian revolution
- Catastrophic quake in NW Iran; mullahs covering up widespread proportions of casualties and destruction
- Iraqi government prevents burial of corpses of three residents of Ashraf and Liberty
- At least 14 of Iranian regime elements arrested in Syria are senior IRGC commanders
Iran: Political prisoners’ conditions
Peiman Karimi in Tehran’s notorious Evin Prison has gone on a dry hunger strike in protest to being beaten by the physician in the prison’s clinic. He is also refusing to take his medication.
Peiman Roshan Zamir, weblog writer and political activist from Ahwaz (SW Iran) has been convicted to 17 months in prison. His prison term was announced in a letter to his lawyer and not in a court session.
Hushang Fanai’ian was convicted to 4 years in prison. He is from the Bahaii fate, convicted for taking part in a Bahaii ceremony and being a member of the Bahaii society. Membership in Facebook was also stated amongst his charges for spreading propaganda against the Iranian regime.