- Posted August 8, 2011 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Will you still invest in stock market?
- The Ends Justify the Means--Isn't That How We Live? Who Are We to Sit in Judgement?
- Lance Knows Exactly How All This Will Play Out, As Usual
- "Silly Rabbit, Lance Armstrong is Way Ahead of You On This....and Has No Intentions of Losing the Race....Ever" by W JO'Reilly
- "Silly Rabbits, Lance Armstrong Is Still Way Ahead of You" ---W J O'Reilly
- Do the Olympic Games Feed an Unhealthy Nationalism....Even Chauvanism?
Obama Can't Rally Wall Street, Though the Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow--by W J O'Reilly
- elchueco, CNN iReport producer
The Dow goes up, the Dow goes down--just so happens, today it's down. It's a self-fulfilling prophesy, really, and the more uptight we get, the more likely we are to not take risks---that's being bearish, right? the better we feel, the more likely we are to take the plunge....well president Obama's attempts at rallying the wall street troops came up largely flat today, as the reaction over S & P's downgrading of the United States continues to bear poisonous fruit. what to do? take a deep breath, know that the sun will come out tomorrow (or the next day) and that these downward adjustments are nothing more than opportunities for profit to be seized upon by people who know to do such things....those who hate obama and democrats will blame them...and those that don't will blame...well, george bush, of course...but make no mistake about it: it is how high we can manage our emotional and spiritual condition that will determine how we as individuals will come out of this. FDR was a master of painting rosy pictures of the future, Obama not nearly as good, but despite all that, each of us holds the key to our own happiness and prosperity and maybe that, and only that awareness can deliver us from the evil of pessimism. we will win only to the degree that we are able to allow everyone to win. the days of i win you lose are over, though many continue dragging their heels on that....cheer up, the sun will come out and stocks will rise again if you let your own spirits do the same.
At the very least, it's something to think about. I'm W J O'Reilly.