- Posted August 8, 2011 by
PALO ALTO, California
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Top 10 ways to save
12 Guacamole Recipes for Business Startup and Acceleration
I collect things that I see in the wild that they don't teach in business school (BUT SHOULD). I break down genius stuff I observe and help you the viewer reverse engineer those results. I break these down into 'guacamole recipes'
My focus is extremely pointed and specific.
"What They Don't Teach You at Stanford Business School" is something THEY now teach you in engineering. I know because I teach there.
There are 12 guacamole recipes that accelerate entrepreneurs. I taught these as Stanford Entrepreneur in Residence.
I use the guacamole theme because small subtle changes help you win awards... An example guacamole recipe
- How to speak at a conference you're not invited to
- How to go from crasher to VIP by party minute #21
- How to go from guest to host
- Be Media to Get Media
- How do you close a deal over voicemail
- How tactically do you ask for forgiveness versus permission
- How do you get paid to do lead gen
- How do you learn to excel via the waitlist and losers bracket
- How do you fail forward and backfire ahead
- How do you not come in dead last at a bachelor auction
- How do you get a VC you don't know to mentor you
- How do you launch at SXSW for 880.oo
- How do you host a Minimum Viable Party
- How do you crash silicon valley's gay mafia and have them invite you back
NOTE: this video was shot on a Flip that I won from Bing at a party I crashed at SXSW. SXSW stands for Southby South West. The party was "I Can Haz Cheezburger" and it was a really really good party.