- Posted August 23, 2011 by
Rutherford, New Jersey
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Did you feel the quake?
- Social Media is the HGTV of DIY - A wake up call for all you do it yourselfers!
- Elevator Silence Project Overcoming Fear of Public Speaking by Starting a 5 Minute Conversation with a Random Stranger
- Wold's Dumbest Parking Job
- I drew this 10 years ago for rebuilding
- What I wrote on 9-11-02 After 1 Year
Drinking near a train and talking about earthquakes
I was in a meeting for work at an Irish pub next to the train station in Rutherford, NJ. I had a beer and we were talking about our next newsletter which is based on recovery.
I work as an architectural intern and our firm has worked on several memorials, including this 9-11 memorial which was next to the restaurant.
The idea of recovery goes beyond devestation of natural disasters and will talk about financial and housing recovery.
We recently found out we may be working on a hospital in Haiti. During our meeting, we mentioned several times the devestation of earthquakes and how buildings need to meet code.
During our talk, I felt the table start to shake. I thought it was a train passing by. When it didn't stop I thought it might have been my beer. When I realized I had only one drink, I knew it was an earthquake. I guess this was something to add to our newsletter!