- Posted September 4, 2011 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Boot camp: Pick your story
- Two Men and the Navy
- Rape Suspect Christopher Singson Gets Special Treatment Amid Rape Trial in Baguio
- Dagupan Pangasinan, Northern Philippines Still Flooded
- Topic Discussion @ the Youth for Information Technology Congress (Y4it) 2011 Android and Andouino
- A Writer’s Journey Into the Vast Spectrum of Literature By: Ma Urduja Osit-Li
Philippine Summer Capital Embattled With Waste Management Woes
Baguio City, the Philippine Summer Capital will be in a "dump" if waste management will not be addressed-following the "Irisan Tragedy" that happened recently.
The problem stemmed from disputes concerning the Dumpsite's closure.
Surprisingly there are residents around the dumpsite called "illegal settlers". The site has been used as Baguio's "smoky mountain" through the years however, the area became a settling zone for "squatters" mostly coming from the lowlands and some parts of the Cordilleras.
To date, the city Government of Baguio is fast tracking garbage solutions through relocation or rather by finding another land fill, to be used as a dumping ground for the summer capital's wastes.