- Posted September 13, 2011 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Share your 9/11 story
- 'While there is life, there is hope': An interview with ‘The Theory of Everything’ stars
- Singer Pink Leads Motorcycle Ride for a Cause, Who's taking Care of our Wounded Warriors?
- 911 "Waves of Flags" Pepperdine University, Malibu
- Long Police Standoff Malibu, California
- DAWN of the PLANET of the APES Interviews with the Cast and Crew; Andy Serkis, Matt Reeves, Terry Notary, Joe Letteri and Dan Lemmon
Waves of Flags Honoring flight 93 Passenger Tom Burnett.... the fallen of 911 and their families.
- davidw, CNN iReport producer
"Waves of Flags" is an annual event held at Pepperdine University to honor those who died on September 11, 2001. Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, the sight of the flags waving in the wind, is one to behold.
Hundreds of motorcyclists joined together for their "Ride to Flags" from the Ventura Naval Base to Pepperdine University.
On this tenth year anniversary, Pepperdine alumni Thomas Burnett was remembered. Burnett was one of the passengers on United flight 93, who helped overpower the hijackers and stop the plane from crashing into what was speculated to be be the next target, the U.S. Capitol. It ultimately crashed into a field in Pennsylvania.
Deena Burnett Bailey and their three children joined people for this ceremony dedicated to Thomas Burnett, and all those who lost their lives durning 911.