74
VIEWS
0
COMMENTS
 
SHARES
About this iReport
  • Approved for CNN

  • Click to view zenaby56's profile
    Posted October 15, 2011 by
    zenaby56
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Assignment
    Assignment
    This iReport is part of an assignment:
    Occupy Wall Street

    zenaby56 and 14 other iReporters contributed to Open Story: Occupy Wall Street protests
    More from zenaby56

    Occupy Colorado Springs

     

    CNN PRODUCER NOTE     zenaby56 took these photos and video at the Occupy Colorado Springs rally in Colorado. She says: 'I was most intrigued by the man carrying an American flag (picture was included) that had no stars but bore corporate logos instead. I am a proud American citizen and have been most discouraged by the evolution of corporate control over our Democratic processes. The image of this man carrying our most patriotic symbol that simply represented the corporate control was powerful.'
    - elchueco, CNN iReport producer

    Today in Acacia Park, Colorado Springs, Colorado, a group of citizens (my estimate - about 100 or so) assembled to express their voice and outrage about the disparity between the wealthy 1% and the remaining 99% of American people.  The protest was peaceful with many people reminding people to respect the laws and keep side walks open. 

     

    Colorado Springs is the conservative stronghold in Colorado and yet there is a growing contingent of voices speaking out for the 99% of American people.  Calling for responsible governement, stopping corporate purchasing of our Democracy and more.

    Add your Story Add your Story