- Posted October 26, 2011 by
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Hurricane season 2011
- Paul, age 55 had a motorcycle accident at age 26 and suffered a serious spinal cord injury, 29 years later he goes snorkeling in Akumal Bay, Mexico.
- Paul, a quadriplegic goes snorkeling 29 years after he sustained a spinal cord injury from a motorcycle accident.
- A feel great story about friendship, love, trust, caring, bravery and innovation.
- Hurricane Ernesto clean up and damage report at Half Moon Bay Akumal, Mexico
- Hurricane Ernesto cleanup has begun at Akumal, Mexico
As hurricane Rina is approaching, Playa del Carmen is quickly becoming a ghost town
- jmsaba, CNN iReport producer
Playa del Carmen 10/26/2011 7:00-7:30 pm
Although hurricane Rina has been downgraded to a catagory 1, local businesses are not letting their guards down and continue with last minute preparations . The normally bustling 5th Avenue and beaches have become almost deserted.
Pic: 1 and 2 - 5th Avenue Businesses boarding up
Pic: 3 - A few places are still open for business but there are hardly any customers around.
Pic: 4 - A local news station van sets up at the plaza to capture the upcoming events.
Pic: 5 - The calm before the storm - in the distance the island of Cozumel
Pic: 6 - You know things are serious when even the ATM machines are wrapped in plastic.