- Posted December 7, 2011 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- TAB Worldmedia launches new generation marketing and promotion apps with augmented reality.
- An agency approach: From augmented reality to augmented media.
- Mobile World Congress 2012: Redefining mobile with Augmented Reality
- New mobile augmented reality education program for marketing brands.
- International brands lining up for mobile augmented reality campaigns.
Is Google Goggles ready for augmented reality?
But… I’m wondering off…. Why I was writing this piece is that Google Goggle has just launched a permanent scan feature… this is so cool because they didn’t have this before.. You had to take a picture of the object that you wanted to recognize but now you can just scan the world to see if they recognize anything in their databases.
Now coming back to my previous point… now when you are using this scanner to get information then Google will presents the information as promised. But now imagine that when you use the scanner and it becomes an option to augment the search content on-top of the scanned object… That is what I meant with “augmented reality is a presentation model.” My prognosis is that in the near future Google will integrate augmented reality as a content presentation form for adwords. At TAB Worldmedia we believe we have to be ready to service this form of content presentation… this will make mobile search so much more appealing!