- Posted December 8, 2011 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Make a video portrait
- Unsung Heroes Who Are Volunteering for the Victims of Super Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) in the Philippines
- Haiyan’s Aftermath in Ormoc City, Leyte, Philippines
- My Daughter Beatrice Was Bullied When She Was In Grade 4 Back In 2010
- The Anti-Pork Barrel Movement's Protest in Makati City
- About Ghana's Triumph in Curtailing Graft and Corruption
I’m Rummel from the Philippines
I'm Rummel Pinera from Muntinlupa City, Philippines. I’m en entrepreneur, salesman, blogger, free-lance writer, and human-rights’ advocate. I love CNN i-Report because I really enjoy doing citizen-journalism. Citizen-journalism is a manifestation of the freedom of expression and CNN i-Report is a great place to express one’s ideas, share opinions about issues, and contribute news. CNN i-Report actually catapulted citizen-journalism onto the international stage. CNN i-Report pioneered many things about today’s concept of citizen-journalism.
It feels great to be a member of the CNN i-Report community because the group has so many talented and creative citizen-journalists. I gained new friends from the CNN i-Report community and I learned new things and innovative ideas from them. CNN i-Report somehow helped me in becoming a better blogger and a truly-objective free-lance writer. I’m really thankful that I’m a member of the CNN i-Report community. I’m happy that I belong to this community. Mwah mwah! Tsup tsup!
(Note: I was a little bit nervous when I recorded the ‘scene’ because my 5-year old nephew was then playing around while I was doing the video. I’m glad that my nephew didn’t make a loud noise nor broke my camera when I was doing the video. Somehow I made it through the rain, so to speak.)