- Posted February 6, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Tiny plant projects
From Pin to Project: Book Planter
They recommended gluing the bulk of the pages together beforehand, smart, but I noticed that the glue was leaving streaks. I immediately switched to a clear spray varnish, leaving the book to dry overnight. Also, the instructions warned that carving out the center of the book would be time consuming, but they failed to mention it would be dangerous. Be careful! The paper can be stubborn, especially when making deep cuts, and I nearly sliced off the tip of my finger. In addition, I used gravel and ground cover succulents instead of fake moss to fill in the planter (I don't like fake plants). Next time, I am going to experiment with ways to keep the top pages waterproof/water resistant because no matter how diligent you are, it is difficult to prevent water from finding its way onto the paper. Overall though, I am SUPER happy with my Pinterest project!