- Posted February 26, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Showbiz 'Avengers' showdown!
- Conversation with Roma Downey on The Bible
- SKYFALL Interviews with the Cast -Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem, Naomie Harris, and Bérénice Marlohe
- Total Recall Interviews with Collin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, and Bryan Cranston
- MIB3 Interviews with Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, and Barry Sonnenfeld
- Interview with Hugh Grant on Pirates Band of Misfits
Academy Awards Finishing Touches
- dsashin, CNN iReport producer
The 84th Academy Awards are only hours away from being televised to people around the world. National and international press found their place on the Red Carpet and are finishing the last of their preparations.
It's remarkable what it takes to cover this event. Crews work around the clock to bring the viewer a seamless production; an Academy Award winning production in itself.
The most notable change is the recent bankruptcy of the Kodak Center, where the awards take place. Black covers where draped over all the signs that read "Kodak" except the one right over the center. The official name change is Hollywood and Highland Center.
The weather is cooperating, and the energy and excitement are electric in Hollywood. Fans anticipate catching a glimpse, as one of their favorite celebrities hits the Red Carpet. An evening of glitz and glamour, sure to be the ball of the year... but this journalist will turn back into Cinderella when the clock strikes 11:00 am Sunday morning. That's when my credentials expire. Next year!
To see more Academy Awards setup photos-