- Posted February 28, 2012 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Surging gas prices
- All Russia's Fault? Ukraine Is Not A Democracy Unless U.S. Says It's A 'Democracy'
- Bank of America Agrees to Sweetheart Settlement with US Department of Justice
- Ironically, The World’s Most Repressive Regimes Delight In U.S. Crack Down In Ferguson- Urge Restraint
- What a Stupid Excuse For Arresting Reporters-Managing the Media's Images in Ferguson, Egypt, and Occupy Wall Street
- So. "Mike Brown 'Bum Rushed' A Cop With A Drawn Automatic Weapon", Say Wilson Supporters?
"Investigation!" The Word That Lowers Gas Prices..Immediately
There's one word that, when used, has always lowered gas prices by 40 cents within minutes of it's use. That word?
"Investigation". That's right. Look through the history of higher gas prices and the correlation of the use of the word , "Investigation" to the peak of the rise in prices and you'll see the effect.
Oil traders are seeing the opportunity that the "crisis with Iran" gives them to make huge profits. And don't start with the Iran crisis thing. It's an excuse..not a reason. Oil supplies are above normal. The Winter was warmer than usual. The real reason? Greed and election financing.
"Hey, is anyone looking? No? OK...execute the trade."
Another thing that would curb the greed on Wall Street would be images of oil traders in orange jump suits looking out through the bars at Riker's Island...front page stuff in the New York Times with the caption, "This could be you!"
Funny stuff until you reach the pump these days . It's then that the reality of what candidates are accepting for campaign funding that the pain in your pocket hits you.
Yes, President Obama made some good points during his energy policy speech the other day. But he was too subtle about looking into the causes of the gas crisis. He needs to use the word.
He needed to "use the word". But then, we wouldn't want to appear to be in favor of more job killing regulations, especially in an election year.
This is another great reason for public financing of all campaigns.