- Posted March 13, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Election 2012: Your stories
- Time To Inconvenience Politicians
- Politicians Will Not Take Risks Unless They Are Forced To
- Coffee Party Radio: Politics Done Right - GOP Budgets, Gays, Race, Guns, & a Pope Sat 12–2PM CST
- Paul Ryan: To Hell With Election. It Is My Way With Obama Doing My Dirty Work
- Rest In Peace President Hugo Chavez, You Are The Hero Of The Poor
The GOP Race Continues - I Smell A Santorum Gingrich Ticket In The Making
I can already smell a narrative that many Republicans would buy. Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich are both conservatives that are splitting the Conservative vote. Whether Newt stays in the race or not I think the GOP wants to go full conservative.
Gingrich and Santorum are both talking the coded middle class language that could create the last gasp of a Republican win if played right. That their policy is a clear and present danger to the middle class does not matter to a percentage of a population that when in pain seeks an easy fix or to an apathetic population that only votes when it is inspired, deeds unnecessary.