- Posted March 17, 2012 by
Glen Cove, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Salute to troops
- Glen Cove Hospital in the city where I live is preparing a state of art center for Ebola Treatment..
- Community Garden in Coney Island raises H--- at Halloween!
- Chocolate Coffin Anyone? For Halloween?
- "It's Your Holiday!" The story of Midnite and Chirpee Girl..
- Need a haircut? This is the guy to go to..He Kutz Wit Skillz!
WW II CARICATURE OF MY WAC MOM
- jmsaba, CNN iReport producer
I love all you guys and gals who take big risks to keep us safe. Thought you might enjoy this . It is a caricaiture that was done of my mother Sergeant Elvera in Los Angeles while on leave from London England during WW II.
Both she and my father were in the Army-(not married yet.) My dad was a sergeant also and got the purple heart for guiding his troops safely across the Rhone river in France while wounded, under attack. He is always in my heart.
Both mom and dad had quite some stories to tell so I sort of know what you guys and gals go through.
God bless you all and have safety. xoxo