- Posted March 19, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Time to leave Afghanistan?
- CBS New Will Air President Obama"s Immigration Reform Speech at 8PM
- House Democrats Don’t Participate on Boehner’s “RACIST” Select Committee
- Pres Obama's SOTU: Issue Call to Action to Unemployed and Uninsured Denied Coverage by GOP
- President Obama Admit it: State of the Union is Weak Because of Racism and Political Retaliation
- Uncontrollable Joy at OBAMACARE Event in Houston, TX
It Time to Leave Afghanistan Mr. President: The Status Quo in Afghanistan Is Not Sustainable.
Uploaded on Tue, 20 Mar 2012 03:24:11 +0000
In a November12, 2009, I-Report I argued that President Obama should not order additional troops to Afghanistan but withdrawn our troops because of widespread voter fraud that was committed during the October 20, 2009, presidential election of Hamid Karzai.
A December 1, 2009, article on CNN.com titled “Obama Afghanistan strategy: More troops in quickly,draw down in 2011”stated in part: “During a speech on Tuesday Obama said his strategy of sending 30,000 additional U.S. troops to Afghanistan is part of a strategy to reverse the Taliban's momentum and stabilize the country's government.” Three major objectives stated by President Obama: Deny al Qaeda a safe haven • Reverse the Taliban's momentum and deny it the ability to overthrow Afghanistan's government • Strengthen Afghanistan's security forces and government. Other strategies will include holding Afghan government leaders accountable for corruption, focus assistance on areas that could help the lives of Afghans, and securing the country's border with Pakistan.
Although I commend President Obama goals and objectives for Afghanistan they weren’t sustainable in 2009/2010 and definitely aren’t sustainable now. It is time to bring the troops home in a responsible manner by the end of his first term in 2013.