- Posted March 27, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- Reflections on Martial Law: Saving the Republic
- OPERATION NOAH (Part 1): Building a home would take but some time to put up, but “re-building” a life takes one day at a time
- The Sainthood of Pedro Calungsod: Entering An Apostolic Life
- A Call for Help: If There’s One, There’s Got to Be More
- Where The Road Ends: Man-Made and Natural Disasters
Pagsanjan Laguna's 11th Bangkero Festival
Pagsanjan is known as the Tourist Capital of the Province of Laguna; throughout the globe Pagsanjan is one of the Philippines’ world-class tourist destinations as it is gifted with natural wonders and scenic attractions. The Bangkeros, or boatmen, specialize in maneuvering their Bangka (dugout canoe) while shooting the rapids, that take local and foreign tourists through the river that leads to the world famous Pagsanjan Falls. Here experienced boatmen guide the bangka's (small boat) passengers through the rough, and sometimes calm, river.
With fellow I reporters, leaving manila so early in the morning was truly worth the trip and the experience it brings. Aside from the pictures we'll be taking, I'll be taking fond memories of this amazing and memorable moment. How I wish you all could share this moment with me...