- Posted March 28, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Travel photo of the day
Safety travel concerns during Spring Break in Cancun
[correction] It was Texas that issued the warning saying not go to Mexico during Spring Break, not the U.S. below are links to the travel alerts of both Texas and the U.S. so you can see how they differ. This is important because Cancun was never included as part of the travel warning issued by the U.S.
I spoke with the Cancun Visitors & Tourist Board and they said Cancun is not affected by the warning.
The United States has issued a strong warning for who wants to party on spring break: Don't go to Mexico. The Texas warning cites violent crime from battling drug cartels as reasons to avoid traveling anywhere south of the border -- even to popular tourist destinations such as Cancun.
I traveled to Cancun for Spring Break and spoke with tourists. Check out my video.
* Parachute swinging in the Gulf
* The breaker wall Isla Mujeres
* NFL Washington Redskins Darrion Scott and wife DiMaya at the Beach Palace
* Zip lining into a Cenote at Selvatica tours
* Monkey's at Crococun farms
* More exotic life in the Yucatan
* Isla Mujeras
* Crococun farm
* My room view from the Beach Palace Cancun (rm 210)
For the record, I felt safe exploring Cancun and will go back! Will you travel to Mexico?