- Posted March 30, 2012 by
- Global civil society decries injustice to Aafia
- Dr Aafia Siddiqui: Concern shown on prison conditions
- Family questions silence of Pakistan Government in Aafia case, No statement attributed to Aafia acceptable till resumption of her communication with family: Dr.Fowzia Siddiqui
- Aafia Movement has nothing to do with violence: Dr Fowzia Siddiqui, Vested interests trying to sabotage Aafia cause by linking it to terrorism
- Pasban-e-Pakistan supports marches for electoral reforms, opposes derailing democracy. Government need to solve basic problems of people, focus on electoral reforms: Altaf Shakoor
Aafia Movement calls on youth of Pakistan to make a difference
She called the youth of Pakistan for a massive role for the release of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, She said that Muhammad bin Qassim is a symbol of bravery in Islamic history and there is an eager need to follow his character by youth as there is no hope from the paper made tigers and lions of Pakistani leadership for this noble cause. She further said that Aafia is in US illegitimate prison since 9 years. She was addressing to the Karwan-e-Ghairat rally started from Tibet centre to Press club. She condemned Pakistani politicians and authorities in power for their ugly role. She also quoted Salala check post event and said this is the right time when Americans can accept our demands. She demanded to army chief to take initiative for this important issue. She further announced to start a nationwide Karwan-e-Ghairat shortly for a massive and effective campaign. She said I believe this Karwan-e-Ghairat will be welcomed in each and every city of Pakistan as now Pakistani nation has decided to bring back the honor of Pakistan. She said that Dr. Aafia ‘s issue is now highlighted internationally and people from all over the world are now looking at Pakistan and role of Pakistanis. She said that such issues are usually considered as the matter of honor for any nation but our corrupt and greedy rulers are busy to beg for dollars and looting the nation. She also said that I have only hope now that people of Pakistan will act as an honorable nation and raise their voice against this sin. She further said that daughter of nation and pride of Pakistan Dr. Aafia is in the prison and waiting for the blessing of Allah and surely it will come but for that we have to play our vital role by all means.