- Posted April 3, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Does racism still exist, and where does it start?
- Time To Inconvenience Politicians
- Politicians Will Not Take Risks Unless They Are Forced To
- Coffee Party Radio: Politics Done Right - GOP Budgets, Gays, Race, Guns, & a Pope Sat 12–2PM CST
- Paul Ryan: To Hell With Election. It Is My Way With Obama Doing My Dirty Work
- Rest In Peace President Hugo Chavez, You Are The Hero Of The Poor
Racism Starts At Exposure To Our Culture
Uploaded on Tue, 03 Apr 2012 15:51:23 +0000
It is true that a lot of racism is learned at home. That said, we all know many children have always ignored or unlearned that which came from mom and dad. Our environment in very nonspecific terms codifies racism in our psyche by associating actions and values non-arbitrarily to folks based on race.
Beauty more so than not is articulated using Anglo attributes. Criminality is more often portrayed visually on TV by minorities inasmuch as many more criminal “unreported on TV” acts occur by the majority. Minorities are more disproportionately scrutinized in stores for all to see. The assumption is minorities are more likely to shoplift which is patently false (you catch what you are searching for). Minorities are locked up more frequently for the same crime that others get off or get probation for. These things are quantified for everyone to sees. It gives implicit differential in implied human value by race for everyone to see and it implicitly justifies individual’s carnal racist feelings.