- Posted April 3, 2012 by
- The NYC Marathon: Hoping for the Best, Planning for the Worst
- Aaron Hernandez Pleads Not Guilty and May Well Beat This Rap
- Hank Williams' Words, As True Today Amidst the World's Sadness
- Rodriguez, Weiner, Spitzer---Have They No Shame? Apparently Not!
- An A-Rod 211 Game Suspension Hurts MLB More than Rodriguez the Man
No One, but No One is Innocent Anymore
The recent murder of seven students at a Christian nursing college in California rings familiar as yet another example of man's inhumanity to man. He claimed to have been mocked and abused by administrators and fellow students---hardly a valid excuse for his alleged crimes. And yet, we live in a world far from perfect, and our relations with others in a society that metes out its approval by one's facial beauty, skin tone, model of car, body mass index or--ability to speak the English language confidently--which he claimed was the motivation for his colleague's mockery of him. Let's face it: we live in a world where the strong dominate the weak, where politicians are elected for their physical beauty not mental or spiritual strengths. And students it seems, from middle school through college, pack guns to avenge themselves of the abuse they must endure at the hands of their classmates. And no one is innocent any longer. Something to think about. I'm W J O'Reilly.