- Posted April 4, 2012 by
- If China Stock Market falls USA will feel their pain today!
- 015 GCPS high school graduate heading to White House for meeting with the First Lady
- Apparently size does not matter when it comes to a Brown Recluse Spider
- All About Gwinnett Talk Shows will be a popular hit.
- Why do Americans die to protect others?
The Hamptons had an unforgettable night at the Emmys'
By Julie Cohen, OurTown Media Contributing Reporter,
The public television documentary "The Unforgettable Hampton Family" won the New York regional Emmy Award for 'Best Historical or Cultural Program' last night.
The half-hour film tells the story of a remarkable group of musical siblings, who went from performing at county fairs and on the carnival circuit, to playing The Apollo Theater and Carnegie Hall, to esteemed careers as individual and duet performers in Indianapolis and New York.
The program aired on WNET, New York's PBS station in February 2011, and on PBS stations across the country in February 2012.
Buddy Steves of SwingBud Films was the Executive Producer, Julie Cohen was the Director and Producer, Scott Feinstein was the Editor, Alex Lowther was the Field Producer and Rich White was the Director of Photography.
The film features interviews with Dawn Hampton, Maceo Hampton, Slide Hampton and the late Virtue and Aletra Hampton, as well as members of the next generations of the family - Marcus Hampton, Darius Hampton, Cherisse Hampton and Pharez Whitted - bandleader George Gee and long time Dawn Hampton fan Freeman Gunter.