- Posted April 7, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Impact Your World
- The family of Tarek RABAA disclosing a scandal in Lebanon
- The trial of Tarek Rabaa continues with "Challenge"
- The voices raise in Lebanon “Release Tarek Rabaa”
- After one month on the getaway, the security forces in Lebanon discover three detainees escape Roumieh prison
- Mr Tarek Rabaa health has deteriorated in jail and the head of the military court wonders the absenteeism of Alfa CEO
The release of Fayez Karam has provoked Tarek Rabaa's family
The release of the spy Fayez Karam after 20 months of jail has provoked the Lebanese to the extent the so called Hizbullah becomes under attack by the Lebanese press.
On April 4, 2012 the LBC's (Lebanese Broadcasting Corporation) reporter Bassam Abou Zeid visited the house of Tarek Rabaa's family located in Beirut, Tarik al Jadidah district to listen and to broadcast the family's opinion. Tarek's brother, the engineer Rabih RABAA has expressed the irrelevancy between both cases, "Fayez Karam was sentenced for 2 years for his collaboration with the Israelians, but Tarek is a political prisoner". Rabih has announced his objection on detaining his brother based on falsifications and he revealed that a political party, the so called Hizbullah, is making a pressure on the military court to keep Tarek in jail.
From another side, Tarek has been detained before the spy Fayez Karam who was sentenced for 2 years, yet Tarek's is still under trial in the military court based on falsifications and for political purposes to decredibilize the Special Tribunal for Lebanon.