- Posted April 11, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Breaking news: Share your story
Major 7.0 Earthquake strikes Mexico
• This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
• Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 22:55:16 UTC
• Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 05:55:16 PM at epicenter
65.6 km (40.8 miles)
• 51 km (32 miles) SW (231°) from La Mira, Michoacán, Mexico
• 61 km (38 miles) NW (312°) from Las Guacamayas, Michoacán, Mexico
• 64 km (40 miles) NW (316°) from La Orilla, Michoacán, Mexico
• 130 km (81 miles) SSW (208°) from Uruapan, Michoacán, Mexico
• 336 km (209 miles) WNW (301°) from Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico
Damage – Light to moderate / heavy damage is expected. Overall, the population in this region resides in structures that are a mix of vulnerable and earthquake resistant construction. The predominant vulnerable building types are mud wall and adobe block with concrete bond beam construction.
Aftershocks - Expect damaging aftershocks for up to 48 hours in the region.
Tsunami Watch / Warning: No tsunami Watches or Warnings have been issued for the Pacific basin.
The Swinden Group, LLC
One Contact -- Many Sources Globally
Security / Investigations / Protection / Consulting
Weather Risk Management