- Posted April 13, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
iReport Debate: What’s your top issue?
Economy -Main issue for Nov 2012 Presidential election
Economy - main issue for presidential election in November 2012
After six months American people going to cast their vote for 46th presidential election. Since last election was a landmark election electing Barack Obama as the first Black president this year most important issues citizens going to consider and cast ballot for the Commander -in -Chief will be natioanl security , economy and health care.
In my opinion Economy will play predominat role for Americans to vote for their Head of the State in November 2012.
The following reasons explain why economy going to be the main issue.
1. Healthy economy - Works as medicine to cure any recession prone society or country. If economy recovers citizens will not depend more on government support for health care . If more people can afford their needs of health care by themselves , insurance as per American rule, government can assist them partially and take care of the health issues of poor, old , disable persons.
2. Defence Budget - can be raised or maintained properly when there is economic growth. National security is the priority but citizens will never vote to die out of hunger . National security is in stable condition now so, economy is the focus for coming election.
3. Employment - After recession many people lost their job . But US economy added 227,000 jobs in February of this year . At 8.3%, the lowest level in nearly three years . This would be key point of election campaign between present government and opposition party. As it happens in every democracy this is the greatest achievement of the present govermnet to impress voters but opposition party will not not leave any stone unturned against it. But Sitting government and their right campaign can make it big issue as they do not have magic stick to recover economy still they have created job opportinity.
4. Tax - While tax cut is an issue with rich Americans . Others may not think about it more because they are not going to pay more tax. So, this is also another economic issue for the coming election.
5. Charisma & providing economic opportunity - In this coming election there is no big agenda for both parties other than economy because health care totally depends on improved financial condition of the nation. Other than normal security issues there is no need to improve national defence budget on the other hand many soldiers already back home from battle grounds of different parts in the world.
So, while the government in power has created both public and private job opportunity , opponet candidate also created jobs. So, here charisma with fact going to make voters mind.
So, economy definitely going to warm up election campaign and voters mind in Nov 2012.