- Posted April 16, 2012 by
- Seattle’s Aaron Blank Correctly Predicts First 100-Degree Day in Phoenix; Wins Weekend Stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
- William Warren has been appointed Director of the Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health
- W.J. Maloney Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Wraps-Up Work On Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center and Movement Disorders Clinic
- Arizona Association for Economic Development Presents Annual EDDE Awards
- David Krietor of Downtown Phoenix Inc. to Speak at Arizona Association for Economic Development’s June Luncheon
Shayna H. Balch Named 2012 Southwest Super Lawyer Rising Star
The Phoenix office of Fisher & Phillips LLP announces associate Shayna H. Balch has been named as a 2012 “Rising Star” by Southwest Super Lawyer Magazine, an annual honor given to exceptional young attorneys throughout Arizona and New Mexico based on peer review and professional achievement.
At Fisher & Phillips, Balch handles matters across all facets of labor and employment law including employment discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, restrictive covenants, preventive counseling, employee training, personnel policies, and employment agreements.
Balch is also a member of the Board of Directors for the Valley of the Sun Human Resource Association (VSHRA), an organization committed to advancing the human resource profession through educational and career development opportunities, networking and community involvement. She also serves as chairperson of the organization’s Legislative Action Committee, where she focuses on educating members about current and pending legislative changes as well as influencing the legislative process by bringing the voice of human resource professionals to lawmakers.
An advocate for community stewardship, she also volunteers her time with Junior Achievement of Arizona and the Downtown Believes in You Organization.
About Fisher & Phillips LLP (www.laborlawyers.com)
Fisher & Phillips LLP represents employers nationally in labor, employment, civil rights, employee benefits and immigration matters. The firm has more than 260 attorneys in 27 offices. Founded in 1943, it is one of the largest U.S. law firms to concentrate its practice exclusively upon representation of employers in labor and employment matters.