- Posted April 19, 2012 by
- The NYC Marathon: Hoping for the Best, Planning for the Worst
- Aaron Hernandez Pleads Not Guilty and May Well Beat This Rap
- Hank Williams' Words, As True Today Amidst the World's Sadness
- Rodriguez, Weiner, Spitzer---Have They No Shame? Apparently Not!
- An A-Rod 211 Game Suspension Hurts MLB More than Rodriguez the Man
Mayor Kim Kardashian is a Monster of our Own Making
- ssesha, CNN iReport producer
As Kim Kardashian speaks now of running for mayor of Glendale, California in the shadows of Hollywood, we moan with revulsion at yet another grab at the spotlight by Kim or any other of her family of media "hams." By the way, Glendale is a huge Armenian enclave, perhaps the biggest in the country, and they are eager to support her run at the job. Hey, look , if her ambitions are to actually help people and not just fall all over herself to get the ratings, that would be one thing. Helping people is A OK in my book. But as we are choking down the latest quickie marriage and divorce stories on the covers of the supermarket checkout tabloids, it's hard to take talk of Mayor Kim all that seriously. But people, take a step back--and try to get your head around the fact that you have created this monster by tuning in the latest re-re-rerun of a Kardashian thriller. Their unmitigated sense of entitlement to our attention is entirely on us. There's a dial on the tv. Get up--or just grab the remote--and turn the Kardashians off. You say you will, but you won't. Of course you won't, and probably neither will I. Oh well, it was something to think about. I'm W J O'Reilly.
cnn: wjoreilly www.innermotivation.org