- Posted April 23, 2012 by
Team iReport featured this story
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Cast of Boyhood Enjoys Malibu- Congratulations for Golden Globe Nomination
- 'While there is life, there is hope': An interview with ‘The Theory of Everything’ stars
- Singer Pink Leads Motorcycle Ride for a Cause, Who's taking Care of our Wounded Warriors?
- 911 "Waves of Flags" Pepperdine University, Malibu
- Long Police Standoff Malibu, California
Chumash Powwow Celebrating the Earth, Malibu... A Native American Story
- Jareen, CNN iReport producer
Tribes from all around the United States, local residents, and visitors, all join the Chumash powwow to experience the Native American culture and celebrate the earth. Hand crafted purses, jewelry, shoes, Native American goods, and food were available during the festivities.
It was a weekend long celebration of culture, song, dance; and a glimpse into the Native American Story.
"It's important not only for the general public to see these things, but to actually hear them and feel exactly what we are feeling when we pat Mother Earth with our moccasins; to that heart beat of our Mother Earth, that drum, it's very important to each and every one of us." Sam Bear Paw Northern Arizona White Mountain Apache Tribe