- Posted April 28, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The NYC Marathon: Hoping for the Best, Planning for the Worst
- Aaron Hernandez Pleads Not Guilty and May Well Beat This Rap
- Hank Williams' Words, As True Today Amidst the World's Sadness
- Rodriguez, Weiner, Spitzer---Have They No Shame? Apparently Not!
- An A-Rod 211 Game Suspension Hurts MLB More than Rodriguez the Man
Foot-Long Tiger Shrimp Invading Gulf Coast, Endangering Regular Shrimp Population
Giant Tiger Shrimp that eat the indigenous North American variety have been found with increasing frequency in the South East and the Gulf Coast of the US. Native to Asia, they grow to more than a foot in length, roughly the size of lobsters.
They reportedly taste very good, but there is the fear that they will invade and decimate the domestic variety of shrimp.