- Posted April 30, 2012 by
- Celebrated Army Veteran Suffering From PTSD Paired with Rescued Service Dog
- Thousands of Romanian Dogs to be Killed, Guardians of Rescue takes Action!
- How Get Real Health is Helping Patients with Chronic Disease Management
- Guardians of Rescue and Urban Animal Alliance to Visit PS 85 in the Bronx to Teach Compassion
- 5 Tips on How to Prevent Pet Theft
Lulu.com Offers 5 Books Not to Miss this Summer
“It would be great if we had time to read every book we come across,” explains Sarah Gilbert, director of sales at Lulu.com (www.lulu.com), a self-publishing company. “But that’s simply not reality. Being able to narrow down your list to a few that are recommended by others, or have a buzz around them, will help ensure that you enjoy the hours you put into the books, this summer.”
Here are Lulu.com’s top picks for summer reading:
• David Thorne - Buzz-worthy NYT bestselling author of “The Internet is a Playground” shares his latest collection of hilariously entertaining emails, articles, and content in his new book, “I'll Go Home Then, It’s Warm and Has Chairs. The Unpublished Emails.”
• Stephen Stark - New York Times Book Review Notable Book and Writer's Pick, “The Final Appearance of America's Favorite Girl Next Door” is the latest from Stark – a riveting and sexy page-turner about America’s “it girl,” Ellen Gregory, and her escape from the bright lights of Hollywood and a harrowing encounter with a stalker.
• Kevin Powell - Former MTV Real World star turned congressional candidate turned bestselling political author publishes his 11th book, “Barack Obama, Ronald Reagan, and the Ghost of Dr. King,” exclusively through Lulu. He is intent on not just exposing but understanding modern politics and pop culture through recent events like the recent tragedy that is the murder of Trayvon Martin, all the while building bridges of dialogue—with ourselves, and with our America.
• Scott Steinberg - Author of many bestselling books, and a well-known media personality for publications such as “Fast Company” and “Inc. Magazine,” his latest book is “The Modern Parent's Guide to Kids and Video Games,” which explores 40 years of invention and mainstream, offering unrivaled insights for making gaming a positive part of family life.
• John Edgar Wideman - MacArthur Genius Grant and Faulkner Award winning author publishes his latest groundbreaking collection of micro-stories that unveil an utterly original voice and structure—hip-hop Zen—where each story is a single breath, to be caught, held, shared and savored. The characters and compass points range from Darfur to Manhattan, from Pittsburgh to Paris, but the true coordinates these stories chart are the psychic and emotional fault lines beneath our common ground. “BRIEFS” is an unforgettable map of the lives we inherit, those we invent, and the worlds we wander between first and last loves.
“When you are making your summer picks, whether for a book club or just for yourself, check out one or all of these titles,” adds Gilbert. “You will not be disappointed. The reviews that have come in on these hot picks make them all a safe bet for affordable and enjoyable entertainment, this summer.”
Lulu.com, a self-publishing company that was founded in 2002, provides complete services to authors. They are the #1 source of independent content on the iBookstore(SM) and Nook Bookstore, with 60,000+ titles currently available in these channels. Authors have the ability to publish their books, of any genre, using their simple online tools. Lulu.com’s self-publishing service is provided free, and authors retain all rights, as well as 80 percent of all profit from sales. To learn more about using Lulu’s publishing tools, log onto www.lulu.com.