- Posted May 1, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 2
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 1
- This Year's Automated Midterm Elections in the Philippines
- My Message To All The Girls And Women Who Are Aspiring And Striving To Get Education Right Now
- Education Would Give A Girl Or A Woman The Opportunity To Have A Stable Career And An Assurance Of Economic Well-Being In The Near Future
Protest-Actions Against ‘Contractualization of Labor’ in Manila, Philippines
The protest-actios in Manila this Labor Day were somehow colorful and dramatic. Some workers climbed an overpass in Welcome Rotounda, Manila to wave their flags and put a huge banner there. The banner that was hanged on the overpass had this message: END CONTRACTUALIZATION!
Workers also demanded wage hike and a freeze on demolitions being done against the homes of informal settlers. Today's Labor Day rallies in Manila were so massive that government officials and secretaries who were in Malacanang Palace (the presidential palace in the Philippines) this afternoon went out to meet and talk with the leaders of the rallyists. The protesters marched to Mendiola, the area near the presidential palace in Manila, to dramatize their major demands. The last 4 pictures in this report showed the government officials who went out of Malacanang Palace this afternoon to meet and talk with the leaders of the protest-actions. The said government officials listened to the demands of the workers and promised them that they will study their proposals.