- Posted May 1, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The Ends Justify the Means--Isn't That How We Live? Who Are We to Sit in Judgement?
- Lance Knows Exactly How All This Will Play Out, As Usual
- "Silly Rabbit, Lance Armstrong is Way Ahead of You On This....and Has No Intentions of Losing the Race....Ever" by W JO'Reilly
- "Silly Rabbits, Lance Armstrong Is Still Way Ahead of You" ---W J O'Reilly
- Do the Olympic Games Feed an Unhealthy Nationalism....Even Chauvanism?
Obama Captured Bin Laden...Why Shouldn't He Gloat a Bit?
- jmsaba, CNN iReport producer
On the anniversary of the killing of Osama Bin Laden, we hear cries from the GOP for president Obama's "politicizing" that event. As well, there is the recent release of a controversial campaign spot which casts doubt that Mitt Romney would have had the decisiveness to "pull the trigger" so to speak on the mission that led to Bin Laden's demise. the Drudgereport leads with a navy seal protest of Obama's use of the mission for political gain.
To my ears, this is a rather pathetic sort of wailing by a toothless GOP that certainly had its chance to bring down America's most wanted villain during seven of the eight years of Bush 2's presidency.
Al Quaeda is a shell of its former self--it was the shadow of one man--Bin Laden--and with his passing at the hands of the seals and on the orders of, yes, Barrack Obama, the United States is a far, far safer place. why shouldn't Obama own it? It happened on his watch, didn't it?
Of far greater concern is anyone who would show celebrative joy over the death of Bin Laden. that's just plain tacky and falls into the category of those that pose with the corpses of their enemies--you just don't show disrespect for the dead, and the president has, in my book, shown the right measure of decorum and reserve in noting the anniversary in question, which adds only to the president's credibility and certainty for a second term.