- Posted May 1, 2012 by
- The NYC Marathon: Hoping for the Best, Planning for the Worst
- Aaron Hernandez Pleads Not Guilty and May Well Beat This Rap
- Hank Williams' Words, As True Today Amidst the World's Sadness
- Rodriguez, Weiner, Spitzer---Have They No Shame? Apparently Not!
- An A-Rod 211 Game Suspension Hurts MLB More than Rodriguez the Man
Obama's Humor Hits the Mark at White House Correspondents' Dinner
“The White House Correspondents’ Dinner is known as the prom of Washington, D.C. – a term coined by political reporters who clearly never had the chance to go to an actual prom,” Mr. Obama said.
“I want to especially thank all the members who took a break from their exhausting schedule of not passing any laws to be here tonight,” joked the president.
"Recently, [Mr. Romney’s] campaign criticized me for slow-jamming the news with Jimmy Fallon. In fact, I understand Governor Romney was so incensed he asked his staff if he could get some equal time on ‘The Merv Griffin Show.' ”