- Posted May 1, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Time To Inconvenience Politicians
- Politicians Will Not Take Risks Unless They Are Forced To
- Coffee Party Radio: Politics Done Right - GOP Budgets, Gays, Race, Guns, & a Pope Sat 12–2PM CST
- Paul Ryan: To Hell With Election. It Is My Way With Obama Doing My Dirty Work
- Rest In Peace President Hugo Chavez, You Are The Hero Of The Poor
Good Political Speech But Nothing On The Real Reason We Will Remain In Afghanistan
I wish presidents would spend more of their capital educating the citizens to the real reasons they implement certain policies. President Obama's speech was likely very inspiring to many. For me it was a good speech to a country that is not required to think deeply which is sad.
The reality is we do not care about Afghanistan. Why should we care about Afghanistan over a myriad of countries where worst atrocities are being conducted? The answer is Pakistan and economics (natural resources). There is nothing wrong with that but I think if presidents spent more time providing rational behind policies we would get a more engaged populations and neither side of the political spectrum would be able to pull the wool over the citizens' eyes.