- Posted May 2, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The Ends Justify the Means--Isn't That How We Live? Who Are We to Sit in Judgement?
- Lance Knows Exactly How All This Will Play Out, As Usual
- "Silly Rabbit, Lance Armstrong is Way Ahead of You On This....and Has No Intentions of Losing the Race....Ever" by W JO'Reilly
- "Silly Rabbits, Lance Armstrong Is Still Way Ahead of You" ---W J O'Reilly
- Do the Olympic Games Feed an Unhealthy Nationalism....Even Chauvanism?
Middle Schooler Files Slander Suit On Georgia Kids Who Made Up Fake Facebook Page about Her
A middle school student in Georgia is suing her classmates for slander after she went to school and town authorities and they said they could do nothing to stop other students from publishing bad things about her on a fake Facebook page.
The 15 year old felt she had to file the suit because mean and untrue statements were said about her--such as her using marijuana, among other falsehoods.
Many states are attempting to pass laws against cyberbullying, but these laws rarely apply to situations that develop away from the school.
The two students have apparently not hired attorneys as of this writing, although Facebook has taken down the page in question, visible for a year, shortly after the lawsuit was filed.