- Posted May 3, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The Ends Justify the Means--Isn't That How We Live? Who Are We to Sit in Judgement?
- Lance Knows Exactly How All This Will Play Out, As Usual
- "Silly Rabbit, Lance Armstrong is Way Ahead of You On This....and Has No Intentions of Losing the Race....Ever" by W JO'Reilly
- "Silly Rabbits, Lance Armstrong Is Still Way Ahead of You" ---W J O'Reilly
- Do the Olympic Games Feed an Unhealthy Nationalism....Even Chauvanism?
Are We Really Going to Leave That Blind Chinese Activist (to Die)?
Today, May 3rd, 2012, is really a day about human rights. Chinese activist Chen Guangcheng, who speaks out against government control of people's lives in China is asking Hillary Clinton to take him and his family out of China when she finishes sensitive talks there. In Egypt, as many as 20 peaceful demonstrators have been murdered there in the lead up to national elections this week. And the Occupy movement has taken the opportunity of may day to seize upon its constitutionally guaranteed right to protest in the wall streets and main streets of america. this may not be a free world, but it is a free country--and we have a responsibility to extend the hand of freedom to those who need help in securing the basic freedoms that humans should be entitled to : life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Aren't these the most basic of human rights? America, do the right thing in helping those in the world who cannot yet carry the torch of freedom unassisted. If not, at the very least, it is something to think about. I'm W J O'Reilly.