- Posted May 3, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The Un-Demonization of Cuba--Communists Aren't the Boogeyman---to Some, Not All-- Anymore.
- I Hate This Monkey Movie, and Here's Why You Should, Too
- I Hate This Monkey Movie--Here's Why You Should Too
- It's Been A While, But It May Be Time to Resume Contributing to iReport
- Ukraine Spring---A Perfect Storm of Freedom and Tyranny ---by W J O'Reilly
Are We Really Going to Leave That Blind Chinese Activist (to Die)?
Today, May 3rd, 2012, is really a day about human rights. Chinese activist Chen Guangcheng, who speaks out against government control of people's lives in China is asking Hillary Clinton to take him and his family out of China when she finishes sensitive talks there. In Egypt, as many as 20 peaceful demonstrators have been murdered there in the lead up to national elections this week. And the Occupy movement has taken the opportunity of may day to seize upon its constitutionally guaranteed right to protest in the wall streets and main streets of america. this may not be a free world, but it is a free country--and we have a responsibility to extend the hand of freedom to those who need help in securing the basic freedoms that humans should be entitled to : life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Aren't these the most basic of human rights? America, do the right thing in helping those in the world who cannot yet carry the torch of freedom unassisted. If not, at the very least, it is something to think about. I'm W J O'Reilly.