- Posted May 3, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
What does your name say about you?
- The Ends Justify the Means--Isn't That How We Live? Who Are We to Sit in Judgement?
- Lance Knows Exactly How All This Will Play Out, As Usual
- "Silly Rabbit, Lance Armstrong is Way Ahead of You On This....and Has No Intentions of Losing the Race....Ever" by W JO'Reilly
- "Silly Rabbits, Lance Armstrong Is Still Way Ahead of You" ---W J O'Reilly
- Do the Olympic Games Feed an Unhealthy Nationalism....Even Chauvanism?
Bill O'Reilly Stole My Name---But What's in a Name Anyway?
Would you believe it? My name is actually Bill O'Reilly, but I had to change it to W J O'Reilly so I could have an identity online. Speaking of the other Bill O'Reilly, I don't think you could find two more different people, philosophically, than the two of us. But we share the same name. That's kind of mystical and weird to me. When I was a little kid, my name was Billy, which has an endearing sort of ring to it. When I reached puberty, I became Bill, which coincidentally is my father's name. Sometimes people would call the house and ask for Bill and there was always some confusion about it. So, when it comes right down to it, my name has given me great enjoyment--as Billy, then a pretty good dose of confusion when I became Bill--and finally, when this other Bill O'Reilly was roaring up in the media business, well, let's say my name didn't even belong to me anymore. I'm happy for W J O'Reilly, though; he knows who he is and he has a meaningful and positive place in the world.