- Posted May 4, 2012 by
- Mouloud Aounit, honorary MRAP chairman and friend of Ashraf residents, passed away
- Prominent Shiite clerics in Lebanon call on all Shiites to support Syrian revolution
- Catastrophic quake in NW Iran; mullahs covering up widespread proportions of casualties and destruction
- Iraqi government prevents burial of corpses of three residents of Ashraf and Liberty
- At least 14 of Iranian regime elements arrested in Syria are senior IRGC commanders
Al-Iraqiya: Those violating rights of Camp Ashraf residents will be held accountable
Mr. Heidar Al-Mulla said that the Iranian regime wishes to deprive Camp Ashraf residents from their basic rights which are recognized by international treaties and conventions. "As we have warned earlier, those who are involved in these atrocities will face legal prosecutions," he added.
"The People's Mojahedin Organization o Iran (PMOI) is a matter of concern for the Iranian regime because this regime is fearful of consequences inside Iran. In every opportunity when an Iraqi authority visits Iran, they discuss methods of suppressing (the Ashraf residents) that would satisfy them and some Iraqi counterparts in the current Iraqi government respond positively to those pressures."
Al-Iraqiya spokesman said: "The attempts to confiscate the properties of Ashraf residents and to turn Camp Liberty into a prison are all rejected by Iraqis."
"We continue to hold our stance vis-à-vis the residents of Camp Ashraf and emphasize that their treatment must be based on respect for international laws and treaties and human dignity and that their human rights be respected. The residents of Camp Liberty must be provided with humane conditions and the United Nations must not be silent vis-à-vis the violation of PMOI’s rights."