- Posted May 6, 2012 by
- Time To Inconvenience Politicians
- Politicians Will Not Take Risks Unless They Are Forced To
- Coffee Party Radio: Politics Done Right - GOP Budgets, Gays, Race, Guns, & a Pope Sat 12–2PM CST
- Paul Ryan: To Hell With Election. It Is My Way With Obama Doing My Dirty Work
- Rest In Peace President Hugo Chavez, You Are The Hero Of The Poor
Houston 2012 Walk For Lupus Now And 5K Run (2012-05-06)
- Jareen, CNN iReport producer
The Lupus Foundation of America Gulf Coast Chapter had a Walk and 5K run in downtown Houston today. It was well very well attended and supported.
Given the severity of this disease and the number of Houstonians with it I was taken aback that I did not see any TV media coverage from KHOU, KTRK, KPRC, or others to bring the event and awareness to our greater Houston’s citizens. Many other diseases with lesser impact are continuously in the news. One must wonder why.
As the husband of a woman with Lupus for 20+ years it is my civic duty to publish this information with the expectation that it will receive wider coverage. Visit the Lupus Foundation website for more information on this disease.