- Posted May 7, 2012 by
Los Angeles, California
This iReport is part of an assignment:
City smackdown: Los Angeles love
A more than a 2000 stars city
Let’s face it! Los Angeles might not have the nightlife that New York shows but we can tell you some facts that you wouldn’t find in the Big Apple...
1. It’s the only city with more starts than the best hotel in the world (around 2,500). If you don't believe me, count the Walk of Fame stars...
2. It is the city where Cinco de Mayo was celebrated for the first time, even before Mexicans in their homeland.
3. You can meet your movie character walking around Hollywood Blvd.
4. She kept her original name, though shortened. While New Amsterdam changed her name to New York (was she hiding from someone?), El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula was later known as Los Angeles or, as she likes to be called, L.A
5. It has a museum with a tar as a garden… Do you remember the 1997 film Volcano?
6. It has a Little Tokyo, one of three Japan towns in the United States (of course, the other two are in California too).