- Posted May 8, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Video comments: Tell LZ what you think
- Time To Inconvenience Politicians
- Politicians Will Not Take Risks Unless They Are Forced To
- Coffee Party Radio: Politics Done Right - GOP Budgets, Gays, Race, Guns, & a Pope Sat 12–2PM CST
- Paul Ryan: To Hell With Election. It Is My Way With Obama Doing My Dirty Work
- Rest In Peace President Hugo Chavez, You Are The Hero Of The Poor
President Obama Should Come Out And Support Gay Marriage Now
He also said, 'I am not a one issue voter. I look at every politician as an empty vessel that will ultimately follow his base if made to. It is incumbent then on those that elect a particular president to ensure he fulfill most of his promises by keeping the pressure on him and ensuring that he fears the political repercussions of not doing so.'
What do you think? Read this opinion article by LZ Granderson, and click the blue button to share your views with a webcam.
- nsaidi, CNN iReport producer
I think it is time that our President comes clean on the gay marriage issue. He should come out and unequivocally support it. While president Obama has done more than any other president to move gay rights further I think he should lead and jump where his mind really is. It seems intellectually dishonest bordering on silliness to keep the position he has especially knowing discrimination from a first person point of view.
Now it is true that both Hispanics and Blacks tend to be more homophobic than the population at large. I think he should use his skills to show that any minority supporting the reduction or denying of rights of any group implicitly justifies discrimination by others on them.