- Posted May 11, 2012 by
Makati City, Philippines
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Unsung Heroes Who Are Volunteering for the Victims of Super Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) in the Philippines
- Haiyan’s Aftermath in Ormoc City, Leyte, Philippines
- My Daughter Beatrice Was Bullied When She Was In Grade 4 Back In 2010
- The Anti-Pork Barrel Movement's Protest in Makati City
- About Ghana's Triumph in Curtailing Graft and Corruption
I Joined Today's Global Day Of Action Against China's Intrusions In The West Philippine Sea
I joined today’s Global Day Of Action Against China's Intrusions In The West Philippine Sea. I joined the rally in front of China’s Consulate in Makati City here in the Philippines. The rally took place some few hours ago..I sincerely believe that all the claimants of the disputed Scarborough Shoal should respect the international law when it comes to claiming sovereignty over it. The claimants should settle the matter at the UN Headquarters than make military threats. It wouldn't be good for China to bully the other claimants and force its way to the disputed territory.
I personally believe that 'joint ownership' of the disputed territory by its claimants is the best solution to the problem. I went to the rally to show my love for my beloved nation. I do hope that China's leaders will respect the international law when it comes to its own claim of sovereignty over the Scarborough Shoal. Member-states of the UN should always abide by the international law.